The Revenue Cutter Service, predecessor of the United States Coast Guard, had a flag designed for it in 1799. That flag, with vertical stripes, is still in use but it was not chosen by the Coast Guard when a ceremonial color was adopted in July 1951. The United States coat of arms, dating from 1782, was displayed in the center of a white field and instead of the usual colors the design featured the national red, white, and blue. The name of the service is inscribed above the coat of arms, while below is the Coast Guard motto, SEMPER PARATUS (Always Ready). The date 1790 honors the creation of the Revenue Cutter Service.
All Annin Flagmakers flags are sewn in either South Boston, VA or Coshocton, OH. Annin’s superior quality is time-tested and meets the requirements of the most discerning buyer.
- Made in the USA! This is an AUTHENTIC Annin Flagmakers flag. SINCE 1847- the OLDEST and LARGEST manufacturer of flags. Made in our factories in South Boston, VA or Coshocton, OH by one of our OVER 500 employees. Don’t accept an imitation!
- Be a Part of History! Annin made the flag that draped Abraham Lincoln’s casket, the flag raised on Iwo Jima and the US flags sent to the moon. Own a piece of history by the HIGHEST QUALITY manufacturer of flags- Family owned for OVER 167 Years.
- Quality! Expertly printed and sewn using Annin’s 200 DENIER NYLON fabric in our Virginia factory with our exclusive SolarGuard(TM) dyes. PROVEN to last the longest and be the BRIGHTEST. DURABLE fabric flies in the lightest breeze. Blocks damaging UV rays.
- Expert Craftsmanship! Our expertise in advanced digital and screen printing uses a three step process to penetrate our custom dyes into durable weather-resistant nylon. We then steam set to activate the color and lock it into the fabric.
- Annin Presentation Box! Each flag ships in an OFFICIAL ANNIN FLAGMAKERS presentation box. Makes an excellent gift to PROUDLY display in Support of our Service Men and Women.