The United States Air Force came into existence in 1947. The distinctive color (flag) of the Air Force was established in 1951. The flag background is a special shade known as “Air Force blue.” The central shield has a stylized thunderbolt symbol of the kind used in the Roman Empire. The blue shield appears over stylized white clouds known in heraldry as nebuly. The ring of 13 stars refers to the original states of the nation. A bald eagle, the national bird, stands at the top with its wings spread. Behind its head is an area of clouds similar to those appearing in the coat of arms of the United States. All Annin Flagmakers flags are sewn in either South Boston, VA or Coshocton, OH. Annin’s superior quality is time-tested and meets the requirements of the most discerning buyer.
- Made in the USA! This is an AUTHENTIC Annin Flagmakers flag. SINCE 1847- the OLDEST and LARGEST manufacturer of flags. Made in our factories in South Boston, VA or Coshocton, OH by one of our OVER 500 employees. Don’t accept an imitation!
- Be a Part of History! Annin made the flag that draped Abraham Lincoln’s casket, the flag raised on Iwo Jima and the US flags sent to the moon. Own a piece of history by the HIGHEST QUALITY manufacturer of flags- Family owned for OVER 167 Years.
- Quality! Expertly printed and sewn using Annin’s 200 DENIER NYLON fabric in our Virginia factory with our exclusive SolarGuard(TM) dyes. PROVEN to last the longest and be the BRIGHTEST. DURABLE fabric flies in the lightest breeze. Blocks damaging UV rays.
- Expert Craftsmanship! Our expertise in advanced digital and screen printing uses a three step process to penetrate our custom dyes into durable weather-resistant nylon. We then steam set to activate the color and lock it into the fabric.
- Annin Presentation Box! Each flag ships in an OFFICIAL ANNIN FLAGMAKERS presentation box. Makes an excellent gift to PROUDLY display in Support of our Service Men and Women.